Tuesday, April 28, 2009

international fireworks symposium




The long awaited and highly anticipated 11th International Fireworks Symposium convened in Vallarta in April 2009.

I donated a photograph to the promotional cause which became their banner image, hung all over town and was featured on the badges of the hundreds of participating pyros.


The Tlalchichilpaneco team even incorporated the image into their own banner which a couple later used as a roof to protect themselves from falling embers! (I think molten plastic is worse than smouldering cardboard.) Novel use for a stock image!



That the symposium organisers didn't present me with my own pass didn't stop me from getting in close to the action.



The 4 nights of fireworks also incorporated the water frontage to good effect, using barges and remotely detonated charges.


I made 2 sorties into the fiery fray and as with any carte blanche self-instigated photo/doco assignment it's often the serendipitous sightings away from the main stage that yield the most interesting photographs.

For more photos of the symposium event, the fireworks and its fringe go here

But if it's just fireworks you want,

ignite this
and see more castillos and cuetes than you can poke a match at.


Making my way between the firewoks shows at the stadio and the malecon, I saw a political slogan ominously predicting the fate of street foodstall patrons. I made the connection after scoffing a few volcanes con todo....



"the movement follows"
Stay tuned for more bowel humour.

No comments: